Want to shock and surprise your family and friends with this fancy (but easy to create in the Instant Pot!) dish?
The Boeuf Bourguignon is the hearty French standard of braised beef cooked in plenty of Cabernet that will never go out of style and will definitely not leave any leftovers! There are many versions of this recipe, so I worked on creating a delicious recipe using my Instant Pot Duo simply to be able to make this dish faster!
This bourguignon adds tomato paste and bacon to add a depth of flavor and uses half the usual amount of wine due to cooking in the Instant Pot. However, after marinating beef in Cabernet for a few hours before cooking, there is certainly no loss of flavor and there is plenty of wine left over to drink! (make sure that you buy a great Cabernet for this reason alone!).
Enjoy this dish with a side of my Butter Battered Golden Mashed Potatoes and some fresh Crusty Buttered French Bread and you will look like you slaved all day and slayed in the kitchen with your cooking skills!
I am a regular grocery shopper at Trader Joe’s so here are a few of the items that I used specifically from this store to make this recipe!
Give yourself at least an hour to cook this delicious meal! The irresistable smells of the Boeuf and wine goodness will have you taste-testing as you go!
3 lbs of boneless Beef Chuck, cut into 1-2 inch cubes
2 teaspoons of Himalayan Pink Salt
1 teaspoon of Black Pepper
1/2 cup of diced Bacon
1 diced White Onion
2 tablespoons of All-Purpose Flour
2 minced Garlic Cloves
2 Cups of Dry Red Wine (plus 1 cup to marinate the Beef before cooking!)- I used Cabernet!
1 large Bay leaf
1 large sprig of Fresh Thyme
2 cups of Pearl Onions
1 tablespoon of Salted Grass Fed Butter
3 Cups of Baby Mushrooms (sliced in half)
Fresh Parsley, chopped for a fancy flare at the end!
- Add the Beef to a mixing bowl and add a cup of Cabernet leave to marinate until ready to cook (I did it for about 3-4 hours)
- Using the Saute setting on the Instant Pot, cook the Bacon until the fat is rendered and the bacon is brown and crispy. Transfer the Bacon to a plate leaving the juicy bacon goodness at the bottom of the pan.
- Increase the Saute heat to High (if you have that option). Place the marinated Beef evenly spaced at the bottom of the Instant Pot– be careful not to stack the beef pieces. Cook for 10-12 minutes until the Beef is evenly browned. Once the Beef is browned, transfer to a plate.
- Saute the diced White Onion in the Beef juice until it begins to soften. Then add…the flour, garlic, tomato paste, and a teaspoon of Salt for about 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add and stir in the 2 Cups of Cabernet, Bay leaf, and fresh Thyme Sprig, scraping up the brown Beef residue from the bottom of the pot.
- Add back the Bacon and the browned Beef to the Instant Pot and stir with the liquid goodness.
- Close and lock the Instant Pot Lid and set it to “Sealing”
- Set the Instant Pot by selecting the manual “Instant Pot” button and cook on High for 20 Minutes. When the time is up, allow for the Pot to release the pressure naturally.
- When safe to do so, open the Instant Pot lid and turn to the “Saute” function. Cook until the sauce is thick (7-10 minutes).
- In a small stove Saute pan, saute the Pearl Onions on High with a tablespoon of Butter and dash of Salt & Pepper. Bring to a simmer then cover and reduce the heat to Medium until the onions are golden brown (15 minutes)
- When the Pearl Onions are ready, crank the heat back up the High and add the Baby Mushrooms. Cook (approx. 5 mins) and toss frequently until the vegetables are soft and brown.
- To serve….dish out the Bourguignon then ladle the Pearl Onions & Baby Mushroom combo over the stew…
- Garnish with your fancy Fresh Parsley!
- Serve the Boeuf Bourguignon with Butter Battered Golden Mashed Potatoes and some Fresh Crusty Buttered French Bread
- Make sure that you give yourself some time to practice and perfect this recipe! If you are unfamiliar with using the Instant Pot, give this recipe a test-run before serving to a crowd…but know that you really can’t mess it up! It WILL taste delicious!
- You will need an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker and a regular stove Saute Pan to make this recipe.
- Enjoy this recipe with a side of Butter Battered Golden Mashed Potatoes and some Fresh Crusty Buttered French Bread.
- You will not likely have any leftovers!
I would love to know if you have tried to make this recipe! Leave me a comment!
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for supporting this site with purchases made through these links. See full DISCLOSURE for details.