We hear a lot in the news and on shared posts on social media about acts of kindness and its impact on how people feel (usually pretty good!). Much of today’s news is focused on the negative, so these ‘kindness’ stories often pop out to us and can have a lasting effect in our minds. Maybe we replicate the story by buying someone’s coffee in the drive through or perhaps we are inspired to write a thank you note that may be long overdue?
Why should I Do It?
Scientific studies have shown that acts of kindness increase the production of serotonin in the brain as well as boost the immune system. Serotonin is the naturally-occurring neurochemical that has a calming anti-anxiety effect.
People who OBSERVE an act of kindness experience the same increase of serotonin and boost in their immune system. The RECEIVER of the act of kindness also experiences these benefits.
Do something everyday that spreads some kindness. A recent Harvard study showed that as human beings, we copy the behavior of those around us, whether positive or negative. If more and more people began to behave in a kind, compassionate way towards their co-workers, the group will start to copy that behavior.
Big or small acts of kindness, it doesn’t matter, but it does need to consistently practiced in a purposeful way. No matter what role you have a work, remember that authentic kindness transforms so many things.
What Do I Get?
Sign up for FREE today and you recieve:
- 5 Exclusive Acts of Kindness Challenges delivered to your mailbox (one per day!)
- Each challenge includes one easy to complete act of kindness that you can either do anonymously or with your colleagues.
- Access to a private “5 Day Challenge Acts of Kindness” Facebook Group.
FREE 5 Day Kindness Challenge Today!
Need more than 5 challenges…
…The Wait is Officially Over
Make Kindness Your Culture eBook
Check out some of our top posts to date!
- Free Printable Library
- Find Life Balance in your Marriage with your Husband
- 15 Powerful Texts To Connect To Your Husband At Work
- 3 Must Have Career Books For Female Leaders (Plus Giveaway!)
- Balance your life: The 7 Best Books All Women Should Read
Free Resources & Tools
GRAB A CUP & BROWSE OUR FREE PRINTABLE TOOLS & RESOURCES