Who doesn’t love some savory buttered Mashed Potatoes?
This recipe uses the Instant Pot Duo to make creamy, delicious Mashed Potatoes ready to serve in less than 20 minutes!
You will get a rich taste of creaminess from both the salted butter and sour cream blended with a Golden Potato…add a hint of salt & pepper and you are set with this compliment to any side dish!
The Instant Pot has become my new favorite kitchen appliance! I was so scared at first but found that it is actually very easy to use as long as you follow directions! For this dish, I cooked the potatoes in the Instant Pot first, then mashed and blended with the sour cream and butter.
I immediately dished the mashed potatoes in a glass Pyrex bowl, covered and stored in the refrigerator until I was ready to serve. A quick 3 minute microwave is all it took to be dinner-ready!
I am a regular grocery shopper at Trader Joe’s so here are a few of the items that I used specifically from this store to make this recipe!
3 Lbs of Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
1 cup of Hot Water
1 tablespoon of Himalayan Pink Salt
1 cup of Sour Cream, room temperature
5 tablespoons of Salted Butter, room temperature
- Add one cup of Hot Water to Instant Pot and stir in 1 tablespoon of Himalayan Pink Salt until dissolved
- Place Instant Pot Strainer at the bottom of the Pot
- Add the peeled and cubed Gold Potatoes to the bottom of the Instant Pot on top of the strainer
- Close and lock the Instant Pot lid and set the lid to “Sealing”.
- Set the Instant Pot by selecting the manual “Instant Pot” button and cook on High for 8 Minutes. Safely release the pressure manually from the lid using gloves. Open the Instant Pot lid.
- In a bowl, add the Butter, Sour Cream and Salt & Pepper.
- Add the cooked potatoes from the Instant Pot to the bowl. Stir and Mash the potatoes.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate to either microwave of freeze later.
- This side dish is best prepared ahead of time if you are using the Instant Pot of other recipes.
- Make sure that you bring the Butter and Sour Cream to room temperature in a bowl…you can use less butter if you wish but don’t skip on the Sour Cream!
- Mash the potatoes as soon as they are ready from the Instant Pot!
I would love to know if you have tried to make this recipe! Leave me a comment!
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for supporting this site with purchases made through these links. See full DISCLOSURE for details.