Wow! Here it goes! Welcome to Work It Women! This is my first launch of a lifestyle brand and blog and I am excited to get started.
Lets talk about balance. Defined as “Work–life balance is a concept including proper prioritizing between “work” (career and ambition) and “lifestyle” (health, pleasure, leisure, family and spiritual development/meditation)”…do you find the right balance in your life? I know that I struggle sometimes in this area. I inspire to be that ‘super woman’ that can create fancy, fabulous dinners from pinterest, dress for success on a daily basis and dominate my workplace (in a positive way of course) however, this is not always the case. I’m lucky if I can get a decent dinner together for me and my husband while my 1 year eats real gourmet type options…or have a back-up outfit ready to go when the morning mess has already stained my shirt on the way to work. WebMD suggest 5 ways to find a better balance in life:
- Build in Downtime-create a date night schedule or even a sunday afternoon family activity to hold yourself accountable to.
- Drop activities that sap your time or drain energy- limit time in activities that make us less efficient and waste our precious time.
- Rethink errands- look into outsource easy errands such as looking for an online component…amazon.com anyone?
- Get Moving- we all know that exercising boosts energy and can improve concentration…find a way to get some extra movement in your day….
- Relaxation goes a long way- do something, even if for only 15 minutes, that ignites some joy for you.
It all sounds well and good and perhaps if we just focus on one this week, we are one step closer to bringing a sense of balance into our lives…I’m going to try some Downtime…I’m going to set up a date night with my sweet husband-book the babysitter this week! What will you try? Feel Free to comment below.